Your fight-size boxing update:
- Both Gennady Golovkin and Vanes Martirosyan made weight for their upcoming WBA and WBC middleweight title fight that is set to headline an HBO boxing card at the StubHub Center. The co-main event is the first women's boxing match to be televised live on the network, an undisputed welterweight title fight between Cecilia Braekhus and Kali Reis, and both women also made weight. Below are the weights from the weigh-in for the HBO fights with the middleweight title purse amounts in parenthesis:
Unified WBA and WBC middleweight title fight:
- Gennady Golovkin: 160 lbs. ($1 million)
- Vanes Martirosyan: 159.6 lbs. ($225,000)
Undisputed WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF and IBO women's welterweight title fight:
- Cecilia Braekhus: 145.8 lbs.
- Kali Reis: 144.8 lbs.
- Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn, who has started to expand the company into the United States, will have a big announcement regarding Matchroom Boxing USA on May 10 in New York.
- Two more fights have been added to the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders vs. Martin Murray for the WBO middleweight title fight on June 23 at the O2 Arena: Ohara Davies vs. Josh Leather and Daneil Dubois vs. Tom Little.
- Tyson Fury's trainer Ben Davison revealed that former world champion Ricky Hatton will assist him in Fury's corner for his June 9 comeback fight. No opponent has been named yet for Fury's return fight.
- In the latest WBO rankings, former heavyweight champion Joseph parker has been placed at No. 5, behind Alexander Povetkin, Dominic Breazeale, Dillian Whyte and Jarrell Miller.