Your fight-size boxing update:
- Although a full, formal announcement will be made soon, Fox did confirm that Tony Harrison will defend his WBC junior middleweight title against Jermell Charlo in a rematch on June 23 on a PBC on Fox broadcast.
- Per Dan Rafael, below are the purses for several of the fights on the April 20 Premier Boxing Champions card from the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California, with Danny Garcia defeating Adrian Granados in the main event:
- Danny Garcia ($1 million) vs. Adrian Granados ($400,000)
- Andy Ruiz Jr. ($200,000) vs. Alexander Dimitrenko ($75,000)
- Brandon Figueroa ($150,000) vs. Yonfrez Parejo ($20,000)
- Alfredo Angulo ($35,000) vs. Evert Bravo ($2,500)
- Jeison Rosario ($20,000) vs. Jorge Cota ($20,000)
- Karlos Balderas ($10,000) vs. Luis May ($5,500)
- Ricardo Espinoza ($7,500) vs. John Riel Casimero ($7,500)
- After his knockout victory over Lucas Browne on April 20, Dave Allen was asked on Twitter if he was going to fight on the undercard of the July 20 Matchroom Boxing at the O2 in London and said it is looking like it's "a strong possibility" that he will fight David Price on that card.
Looks a strong possibility mate https://t.co/eWWJ2ZqdUF— Papi De La Liver Puncher (@davidthewhiter1) April 21, 2019
Fight of two halves for sure, price would have 6 rounds to get me out of there or it’s gonna become very unpleasant for him be a great fight one I’ve been after for years so would welcome it https://t.co/AGQtR5bVtc— Papi De La Liver Puncher (@davidthewhiter1) April 21, 2019
- Edgar Berlanga, who beat Samir Barbosa on the Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan prelim card on ESPN2, is now scheduled to return to the ring on May 25 in Kissimmee, Florida on the undercard of the WBO super featherweight title fight between Masayuki Ito and Jamel Herring.