Your fight-size boxing update:
- Matchroom Boxing confirmed that Hughie Fury vs. Alexander Povetkin is set for August 31 at The O2 Arena in London as part of the undercard for Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Luke Campbell. The fight, which is Fury's first since signing a promotional deal with Matchroom, will be streamed on ESPN+ in the United States.
- Team USA won five bronze medals yesterday and advanced five boxers to the championship bouts of the 2019 Pan American Games in Lima, Peru after two semifinal sessions took place at the Coliseo Miguel Grau. The five boxers earning bronze medals were:
- Delante Johnson
- Yarisel Ramirez
- Richard Torrez Jr.
- Troy Isley
- Rashida Ellis
The five boxers advancing to the finals are:
- Virginia Fuchs
- Duke Ragan
- Keyshawn Davis
- Oshae Jones
- Naomi Graham
- WBA light minimumweight champion Monserrat Alarcon will face off against interim champion Ayaka Miyao on September 12 at a boxing card at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo. Originally, the bout was set for last year, though Alarcon suffered an injury, forcing her out of the fight.
- In other Japanese boxing news, Tsubasa Murachi will face former world title challenger Froilan Saludar on September 21 for the WBO Asia Pacific super flyweight title.
- Paddy Barnes shared a moment in the ring with a fan, which can be seen below, during his preparation for a fight on August 2 in Belfast, Northern Ireland:
- Jessie Vargas revealed on Twitter that he is negotiations with WBO junior middleweight champion Jaime Munguia for a bout in September.