Your fight-size boxing update:
- The IBF had originally scheduled two purse bids for world titles for July 5, but now a third title fight has also gone to a purse bid set for July 5. Below are the three title fights that are going to a purse bid:
- James DeGale (c) vs. Jose Uzcategui: IBF super middleweight title
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Daniel Jacobs: Vacant IBF middleweight title
- Hekkie Budler (c) vs. Felix Alvarado: IBF light flyweight title
- Speaking of the IBF, Julian Williams and Takeshi Inoue, previous ordered by the IBF to fight in a title eliminator for the junior middleweight title, have come to terms on a deal with the proposed date being August 4. The winner of that fight would be the mandatory challenger to Jarrett Hurd's IBF title.
- Jean Pascal, who previously retired from boxing in 2017, was set to make his return to the sport, but that has been pushed back until July 20. Pascal will face former UFC fighter Steve Bosse in Laval, Quebec in a fight contested in the cruiserweight division.
- Former world champion Timothy Bradley, best known for his trilogy of fights against Manny Pacquiao, has signed a contract extension to remain as a boxing analyst and broadcaster for ESPN's boxing telecasts.
- According to RingTV, Devon Alexander and Andre Berto are likely going to have a welterweight fight possibly serving as the co-feature bout of the Mikey Garcia vs. Robert Easter Jr. fight for the unified WBC/IBF lightweight title, scheduled to take place in Los Angeles on July 28.