Your fight-size boxing update:
- Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn announced on Twitter that terms have been agreed for Jono Carroll to face Guillaume Frenois in an IBF final eliminator to fight the winner of the super featherweight title fight between Tevin Farmer and James Tennyson on October 20. The title eliminator will take place in December in the UK or in the United States.
- One of the biggest surprises of the October 6 Matchroom Boxing USA card on DAZN was the fact that Nkosi Solomon, who signed with Matchroom out of the amateur ranks, lost his pro debut. In the tweet below, a video of Hearn talking to Solomon after his loss is shown.
- ESPN has landed the U.S. broadcasting rights to the IBF featherweight title fight between Josh Warrington and Carl Frampton. The fight will be streamed on the ESPN+ service in the United States and it will take place at the Manchester Arena on December 22
- Even if Billy Joe Saunders manages to keep his WBO middleweight title in the advent of him testing positive for oxilofrine, Saunders already lost out on multi-million dollar payday by not getting to fight Demetrius Andrade on October 20. According to multiple reports, Saunders lost out on a $2.3 million purse for not fighting Andrade.
- Undefeated heavyweight prospect Cassius Chaney has re-signed with promoter Main Events. Chaney's first fight under the new deal will be on November 3 as part of the Facebook-exclusive card being headlined by Sullivan Barrera.