Your fight-size boxing update for the evening of August 20:
- The WBC has ordered unified junior welterweight champion Jose Ramirez to fight mandatory challenger Viktor Postol. Ramirez, who also holds the WBO title, was recently ordered to fight Jack Catterall, who is the mandatory challenger for the WBO belt.
- Ted Cheeseman will defend his British junior middleweight title against Scott Fitzgerald on October 19 in Newcastle, England on the undercard of Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson.
- 2016 Olympic gold medalist Daniyar Yeleussinov will face Reshard Hicks on September 13 as part of the Devin Haney vs. Zaur Abdullaev undercard at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden.
- Below are the weight check results for the upcoming WBC lightweight title bout between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Luke Campbell and WBC flyweight title fight between Charlie Edwards and Julio Cesar Martinez. Both of those fights are taking place on August 31 in London, England:
30 days before the fight (Lomachenko vs. Campbell):
- Lomachenko: 144.4 lbs
- Campbell: 147.4 lbs
30 days before the fight (Edwards vs. Martinez):
- Edwards: 122.1 lbs
- Martinez: 119.7 lbs
14 days before the fight (Lomachenko vs. Campbell):
- Lomachenko: 138.4 lbs
- Campbell: 141.7 lbs
14 days before the fight (Edwards vs. Martinez):
- Edwards: 117.5 lbs
- Martinez: 115.9 lbs
- Below are the weight check results for the upcoming WBC super flyweight title bout between Juan Francsico Estrada and Dewayne Beamon taking place August 24 in Sonora, Mexico streamed on DAZN:
30 days before the fight:
- Estrada: 127 lbs
- Beamon: 125.8 lbs
14 days before the fight:
- Estrada: 120.5 lbs
- Beamon: 120.6 lbs
7 days before the fight:
- Estrada: 116.5 lbs
- Beamon: 118 lbs
- Top Rank has signed undefeated Puerto Rican featherweight sensation Orlando “Zurdo de Oro” Gonzalez to a multi-year promotional agreement.
- The WBO has denied Dillian Whyte's appeal over the governing body's ruling regarding Oleksandr Usyk's petition to become the mandatory challenger for the WBO heavyweight title. As it stands, Usyk is still the No. 1 contender for Andy Ruiz Jr.'s WBO title.
- Roy Jones Jr. (RJJ) Boxing Promotions has reached an exclusive agreement with Eldorado Group to co-promote multiple installments of "RJJ Boxing on UFC FIGHT PASS" shows starting October 25 with Joey Gilbert Promotions for a card in Reno, Nevada. The full card will be announced at a later date.