Your fight-size boxing update:
- After the undercard press conference for the Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs fight this Saturday, Joseph Diaz Jr., who is fighting on May 4, had a very heated confrontation with IBF super featherweight champion Tevin Farmer. The exchange can be seen in the video below posted by DAZN on Twitter. Fightful will have live coverage of the entire card on May 4, which will be streamed on DAZN.
- Juan Heraldez recently took time out of his training camp to about his May 18 fight against Argenis Mendez that will be televised on Showtime. Here's what the unbeaten Heraldez had to say about the matchup:
"I have to outclass him and make him not even want to fight anymore. I'm going to make him retire. My goal on fight night is to win and show out for my Mexican fans in New York. On paper he's the toughest fighter I've faced. I only watched some of his fight against Ramirez, but being a former world champion, it means he's doing something right. I don't think he does anything better than me and I'm looking to show it on fight night."
- JJ Metcalf will face Jason Welborn for the Commonwealth junior middleweight title on June 15 in Leeds, England. The fight will be a part of the undercard for the IBF featherweight title bout between Josh Warrington and Kid Galahad.
- Ohara Davies will face Miguel Vazquez on the June 28 MTK Global show taking place at York Hall in London.
- Jeison Rosario has re-signed with Sampson Boxing to a long-term promotional deal. Rosario sports a 19-1-1 record as a pro and is ranked No. 11 by the IBF at 154 pounds.