Your fight-size boxing update:
- Undisputed women's lightweight champion Katie Taylor said in an interview with Sky Sports that she hopes to return to action either in November or December and could face Delfine Persoon in a rematch of their historic title fight from June 1. You can watch the interview below:
-- "I can't wait for the rematch." @katietaylor spoke to us at a #SkyVIP event in Ireland yesterday. She's hoping to return to the ring in November or December this year and it could be against Delfine Persoon ---- pic.twitter.com/DAinMt7520— Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) July 10, 2019
- 47-year-old former WBO heavyweight champion Shannon Briggs announced on social media that he plans to be returning to the ring at a later date. Briggs has not fought since May 2016, but is on a nine-fight win streak with eight those wins coming by knockout.
Hey guys I want to thank you all. To all my followers that’s been rocking with the Champ during his time here in this galaxy LGC forever!!! First things first! YES!!! I will be fighting in the near future but first I had and have to get my life in order. I’m not signing with anyone. Ever. I can promote better than any promoter alive I just ain’t got that bread. Most of you know that I have and I still battle with depression. This is ongoing battle that I’m winning. It’s an everyday fight. No days off. Today and tomorrow. I keep saying let’s go Champ to snap back when I drift to thoughts of painful days. I remember too much they say. I try and keep myself doing positive things and I try to associate with positive people to better my life. I’ve embarked on a new journey that will allow me to finance and continue my career for another 3 years. I’ve decided that at 50,000 years I might chill. I may never get a title shot and truly I don’t care. My goal is to have fun knock out pies, pack small venues, bring in musical entertainment and put on great fights. I’ve embarked on a new journey with my friend @adamheimann that will allow me to box and it’s a new podcast called @entreprenrd It’s about business and it’s ups and downs. Secrets and tips from entrepreneurs on how they came up. Tune in watch the show and have a great day. #LETSGOCHAMP @entreprenrd ・・・ 1st Episode of #ENTREPRENEURED is Done! Big thanks to @cannon_briggs for being our 1st guest and coming on board as one of our executive producers along side @ceo.paolo! We’re #goinglive Tomorrow Morning! #StayTuned #podcastlife!
- Heavyweight prospect Martin Bakole has signed a promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing. Bakole's first fight under the new deal will take place on August 2 in Liverpool on a JD NXTGEN card against Ytalo Perea and will be streamed on DAZN in the United States.
- The WBC announced the ring officials for the WBC light flyweight world title fight between Ken Shiro and Jonathan Taconing taking place on July 12 in Japan:
- Referee: Frank Garza
- Judges: Jun Bae Lim, Fernando Barboza, Noppharat Sricharden
- Sampson Boxing won a purse bid for the promotional rights for an IBF light flyweight title eliminator between Christian Araneta and Augustin Gauto, winning with a $63,000 bid.