Your fight-size boxing update:
- Undefeated Irish heavyweight Niall Kennedy has been added to a Murphys Boxing card at the House of Blues in Boston on March 16 and will face an opponent to be named at a later date. The card will also feature Gary O'Sullivan and NABA junior middleweight champion Mark DeLuca in action competing in separate fights.
- A fight between Lamont Roach Jr. and Jonathan Oquendo is set for May 4, presumably taking place on the undercard of Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Roach vs. Oquendo will be for the WBO International and NABO super featherweight titles per a tweet from WBO president Francisco Valcarcel.
Lamont Roach vs Jonathan Oquendo May 4 fight in Las Vegas is not a eliminator. The bout is a WBO International and NABO unification contest @cnarvaezcorner— Paco Valcárcel, Esq. (@PacoValcarcel) March 4, 2019
- Speaking of the Canelo vs. Jacobs undercard, fight between Eddie Gomez and former world champion Sadam Ali is currently being explored to take place on on May 4. The card will be streamed on DAZN in the United States.
- After his latest win on March 2 on a DAZN boxing card from England, unbeaten light heavyweight Anthony Sims Jr. and promoter Eddie Hearn revealed that they have agreed to a new two-year promotional deal. Sims is currently scheduled to fight on the Matchroom Boxing USA card from California on April 26.
- Jai Opetaia and Bilal Laggoune will fight for the IBF Intercontinental cruiserweight title on March 22.