Your fight-size boxing update:
- Per Eddie Hearn from Matchroom Boxing, heavyweight contender and former cruiserweight title challenger Michael Hunter has agreed to terms to face Sergey Kuzmin in September. The fight will be streamed on DAZN, although the venue or the fight headlining the card has been revealed.
- Hearn also revealed that at east 15,000 tickets have been sold for the upcoming three-belt lightweight unification between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Luke Campbell. The fight will take place on August 31 at The O2 Arena in London, England and will be streamed on ESPN+ in the United States.
- Unbeaten prospect Shakhram Giyasov will face former interim lightweight titleholder Darleys Perez on August 24 in Mexico as part of the undercard for a DAZN card headlined by Juan Francisco Estrada's first WBC super flyweight title defense.
- Joe Hughes has suffered a back injury and so pulled out of his fight with Lewis Ritson that was set to take place on August 2 in Liverpool, England on DAZN. Ritson will remain on the show, but will be competing against a different opponent.
- Yomar Alamo will now face Salvador Briceno in the main event of a boxing card in Kissimmee, Florida that will be televised on Telemundo on August 2.
- Rising Japanese heavyweight contender Kyotaro Fujimoto has vacated the OPBF and Japanese national titles and now currently holds the WBO Asia Pacific title.
- Former world title challenger Ryo Akaho will return to action on a boxing show at Korakuen Hall against an opponent yet to be revealed. The card will be headlined by Junto Nakatani vs. Milan Melindo.