Your fight-size boxing update:
- Later today, a WBA super flyweight title eliminator between Andrew Moloney and Miguel Gonzalez will take place in Chile. Both men successfully made weight the day prior with Moloney coming in at 114.5 lbs. and Gonzalez coming in at 114.2 lbs. The winner of the fight becomes the mandatory challenger to the WBA title currently being held by Kal Yafai.
- Below is a video of Gennady Golovkin and heavyweight Malik Scott having a bit of a test of strength. Warning: there is strong language in the video.
- ESPN+ is streaming a boxing card from Leicester, England tomorrow, Saturday with British super featherweight champion Sam Bowen defending his title against Jordan McCorry in the main event. In the co-main event, Nathan Gorman faces former world title challenger Kevin Johnson. Gorman was originally supposed to face Fabio Maldonado, but Maldonado pulled out. In undercard action, Sam Maxwell faces Sabri Sediri for the WBO European junior welterweight title and CJ Challenger takes on Kyle Haywood.
- Matchroom Boxing has announced that it has signed Team GB amateur standout Dalton Smith to a promotional deal. Smith's pro debut will be announced at a later date.
- Referee Arthur Mercante Jr. will be inducted to the New York State Boxing Hall of Fame on April 28, joining his father Arthur Mercante Sr. and will be the NYSBHOF's first father-son duo to be inducted.