Your fight-size boxing update:
- At the top of the page is a preview for the first episode of All Access: Pacquiao vs. Broner, set to air on Showtime on January 4. Pacquiao will defend his WBA "Regular" welterweight title against Broner in the main event of a pay-per-view event from Las Vegas on January 19.
- Split-T Management announced the signing of heavyweight prospect Sonny Conto to a management contract. Conto is a two-time Pennsylvania Golden Gloves Champion as well as a Silver Medalist in the 2018 National Golden Gloves and a Bronze Medalist in the 2017 National Golden Gloves.
- The latest WBA rankings have been updated and there has been some notable changes. Former super middleweight champion Rocky Fielding, fresh off his loss to Canelo Alvarez, has dropped down to No. 6 in the 168-pound rankings. Former WBA “Super” light flyweight champion Hekkie Budler is now No. 5 after his loss to Hiroto Kyoguchi. The full rankings can be seen at this link.
- A boxing card in Vietnam on January 20 will feature WBA Asia junior middleweight titleholder Khusniddin Pulatov taking on Rodel Wenceslao. Also reportedly set for the card is Abdurasul Ismoilov taking on 105-fight veteran Jaime Barcelona and Ravshanbek Shermatov going up against Waldo Sabu.
- Former OPBF flyweight champion Keisuke Nakayama is set to return on a boxing card at Korakuen Hall on February 14. Nakayama will face Yusuke Sakashita on the same show that will feature Kenichi Horikawa vs. Satoru Todaka for the Japanese light flyweight title.