Your fight-size boxing update:
- Fathom Events announced that the upcoming WBA welterweight title bout between Manny Pacquiao and Keith Thurman will be shown in theaters around the United States live on July 20. The Fathom Events showing of the fight will also include the entire PBC on FOX pay-per-view broadcast and tickets for the event can be purchased at FathomEvents.com.
- Speaking of the event, here are the officials for several of the key fights on the July 20:
Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman: WBA welterweight title
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judges: Tim Cheatham, Dave Moretti, Glen Feldman
Caleb Plant vs. Mike Lee: IBF super middleweight title
- Referee Robert Byrd
- Judges: Patricia Morse Jarman, Glenn Trowbridge, Don Trella
Yordenis Ugas vs. Omar Figueroa: WBC welterweight title eliminator
- Referee: Russell Mora
- Judges: Eric Cheek, Julie Lederman, Steve Weisfeld
Luis Nery vs. Juan Carlos Payano:
- Referee: Vic Drakulich
- Judges: Ricardo Ocasio, Max DeLuca, John McKaie.
- Per the WBC, both Jermall Charlo and Brandon Adams had to undergo weight checks for their middleweight title bout on June 29. Below are the fighter weights within the past 30 days:
30 days before the fight:
- Jermall Charlo: 173.8 lbs
- Brandon Adams: 175.6 lbs
14 days before the fight:
- Jermall Charlo: 168 lbs
- Brandon Adams: 160 lbs
7 days before the fight:
- Jermall Charlo: 165 lbs
- Brandon Adams: 162.2 lbs
- The EBU have named Lawrence Okolie as their next mandatory challenger to face European cruiserweight champion Yves Ngabu. Purse bids for the fight are currently set for July 17, but Okolie still has a fight against Jack Massey on July 6 that he still has to win first.
- Unbeaten prospect Otha Jones III will have his second fight in a span of a week this Saturday. After Jones scored a first-round knockout win on June 21 in the United Kingdom, he will face Matias Agustin Arriagada on the undercard of the June 29 DAZN card in Providence, Rhode Island.