Your fight-szie boxing update:
- Gary Antuanne Russell and Gary Antonio Russell, brother to WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr., will fight on the May 19 undercard Russell Jr. is headline in Maryland. Gary Antuanne will take on Wilmer Rodriguez in an eight round 140-pound bout while Gary Antonio will battle Esteban Aquino in an eight-round bantamweight fight.
- Eddie Hearn reportedly said there will be a meeting with Anthony Joshua on May 8 to discuss Joshua's next opponent. As it stands, Joshua will choose between Deontay Wilder, Jarrell Miller and Alexander Povetkin.
- Showtime released a video on Devin Haney's upcoming ShoBox: The Next Generation main event fight against Mason Menard on May 11. The video can be seen below:
- According to Michael Benson, the IBF plans to order super middleweight champion James DeGale to fight mandatory challenger Jose Uzcategui, who currently holds the interim IBF title. The order is expected to come on May 23, which is when DeGale's medical suspension issued by the Nevada State Athletic Commission ends due to cuts suffered in his April 7 rematch against Caleb Truax. DeGale won the title back from Truax on Showtime when DeGale picked up the win by unanimous decision.
- Amateur standout John Dring will make his pro debut on the undercard of Sam Sexton vs. Hughie Fury for the British heavyweight title taking place on May 12 in Bolton, England.
- From The Web