Your fight-size boxing update:
- After an impressive second-round stoppage win over Rob Brant to win back the WBA "Regular" middleweight title in Japan, Ryota Murata took pictures holding newspapers with headlines talking about his title win.
- Below are the official scorecards for the WBA Gold heavyweight title bout between Joe Joyce and Bryant Jennings that took place on July 13 at The O2 in London. Joyce ended up retaining the belt with a 12-round unanimous decision win.
Official scorecards for yesterday’s Joe Joyce vs. Bryant Jennings fight in the UK. pic.twitter.com/YNjsnInQa7— Carlos Toro (@CarlosToro360) July 14, 2019
- Nathan Gorman took to Twitter to react to his British heavyweight title loss to Daniel Dubois on that same July 13 show from The O2.
Sorry 2 everyone.absolutely gutted better 2fail tryin than never to roll the dice.i believed in myself but it was not meant 2be https://t.co/Na3ikOFFuu excuses.congratulations 2 Daniel.Some time with the family, reflect and wil be back.God bless everyone +thanks for the support.x— Nathan Gorman (@GormanBoxing) July 14, 2019
- On the opening bout of the July 13 Top Rank on ESPN card from Newark, New Jersey, Joshua Greer Jr. defeated Nikolai Potapov by majority decision (116-112, 115-113, 114-114) to win an IBF bantamweight title eliminator for the No. 2 spot in the IBF rankings.
- Below are the official scorecards for the WBA Gold super bantamweight title bout between Diego De La Hoya and Ronny Rios. Rios ended up pulling a big upset win over De La Hoya with a sixth-round stoppage to become the new WBA Gold titleholder.
Tarjetas oficiales de puntuación (vía @WBABoxing )de Diego De La Hoya vs Ronny Rios hasta el momento del TKO: dos jueces le habían dado todos los rounds menos el 1 a Ronny Rios.— JuliusJulianis (@julianisjulius) July 14, 2019
Y Alejandro Rochin, en cambio, le había dado todos los rounds a Diego De La Hoya pic.twitter.com/sDruKSqJu4
- Unbeaten heavyweight prospect and Philadelphia native Sonny Conto is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before a Philadelphia Phillies MLB game on July 16.
- There's been a change in date for an upcoming OPBF junior welterweight title fight between titleholder Rikki Naito and Gyu-beon Jeon. The fight, originally set for August 15 in South Korea, will now take place on September 5.