Here's your fight-size boxing update for October 12, 2019:
- At the top of the page is a Face to Face special for KSI vs. Logan Paul 2. The problem with the special is that Paul never showed up.
- According to ESPN, WBA "Regular" middleweight champion Ryota Murata is potentially going to take on Steven Butler in December. That fight would only be made if both Murata and Rob Brant, who is able to exercise an immediate rematch after losing to Murata earlier this year, can negotiate a step-aside deal that would allow Brant to fight the Murata-Butler fight.
- Julio Cesar Martinez has signed a promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing USA. Martinez will face Cristofer Rosales for the vacant WBC flyweight title in December.
- Below is footage of Canelo Alvarez and Ryan Garcia sparring ahead of their respective fights on DAZN on November 2.
-- Canelo Alvarez and Ryan Garcia doing some light sparring and training together as the Mexican star teaches the 21-year-old protege about his lethal body shots.— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) October 12, 2019
[--️ Ryan Garcia] pic.twitter.com/OHfZcAu4xc
- Ernesto Saulong and Alie Laurel will have a trilogy fight on November 10 for the WBO Oriental super bantamweight title.
- After his loss to Jay Harris on October 11, his third in his last four fights, Paddy Barnes pokes fun of his recent struggles in professional boxing.
Amateur boxing ----— Paddy Barnes OLY (@paddyb_ireland) October 12, 2019
Professional boxing... pic.twitter.com/2vYRhVwM0g
- Over in Tokyo on October 11, Shinobu Hosokawa stopped Tyson Koki in the eighth round to win the OPBF middleweight title.
- The latest edition of the Fightful Boxing Podcast breaks down the Oleksandr Usyk vs. Chazz Witherspoon card with a special appearance from USBA junior middleweight champion Charles Conwell, who is fighting Patrick Day on the DAZN undercard.
- In other OPBF news, Shuichiro Yoshino stopped Harmonito Dela Torre in the first round to win the OPBF lightweight title.