Your fight-size boxing update:
- One day before Devin Haney steps into the ring in the main event of a ShoBox: The Next Generation card from Louisiana, he and several fighters stepped to the scales for the official weigh-ins. Below are the weights for all three fights that will be televised on Showtime:
WBO Intercontinental Title Lightweight 10-Round Bout
- Devin Haney: 134 ½ lbs.
- Xolisani Ndongeni:134 ¾ lbs.
Featherweight 8-Round Bout
- Ruben Villa: 126 ¾ lbs.
- Ruben Cervera: 126 ½ lbs.
Heavyweight 8-Round Bout
- Frank Sanchez: 216 ¼ lbs.
- Willie Jake Jr.: 239 ½ lbs.
- Per a Mayweather Promotions press release, there will be a boxing card at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on January 17, two days before Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner do battle for the WBA "Regular" welterweight title in the same venue. Cameron Krael is in the main event and multi-time champion Layla McCarter is in the co-main event.
- Former world title challenger Callum Johnson has vacated his British light heavyweight title. Joshua Buatsi and Liam Conroy have been ordered to fight for the vacant title with purse bids currently scheduled for February 13.
- The British heavyweight title fight between Hughie Fury and Joe Joyce is still being ordered by the BBBofC, but proceedings have been put on hold until February due to injuries Fury sustained in his last fight against Kubrat Pulev last year.
- Lewis Ritson will fight Andy Townend for the British lightweight title on a Matchroom Boxing show in Newcastle on March 23.