Your fight-size boxing update:
- After Tevin Farmer defeated Guillaume Frenois to retain his IBF super featherweight title on July 28, Farmer spoke about a potential unification fight against WBA champion Gervonta Davis, who called out the IBF titleholder minutes prior in his own title defense, and had this to say: "It can be made, he says he wants me. Gervonta says he wants Tevin then Ellerbe says something else. I’m moving forward from that fight. If I can’t get that fight, give me JoJo Diaz.”
- Speaking of Diaz, he and WBA "Regular" champion Andrew Cancio had a back-and-forth on Twitter which you can see below. Diaz defeated Cancio in 2016 which sent Cancio into retirement before returning back in 2018.
Relax you ain’t having the belt after September -- https://t.co/XvEC1lPVAI— Joseph Diaz (@JosephDiazJr) July 28, 2019
-- you fukd up by mentioning my name and talking shit about my nose— Andrew Cancio (@ElChango126) July 28, 2019
You silly, imma beat you worst than last time -- https://t.co/JNO0WwtTE2— Joseph Diaz (@JosephDiazJr) July 28, 2019
- Four-division world champion, Daniela Bermudez successfully retained her WBO bantamweight title with an eighth-round stoppage win over Valeria Perez in Argentina on July 28. It was Bermudez's third title defense since winning the then-vacant title back in October 2017.
- Former IBF lightweight champion Mickey Bey has signed with Andre Rozier's Havoc Management and Advisory Inc. Bey has only fought once since losing his IBF title to Rances Barthelemy in June 2016.
- Former world champion Jhonny Gonzalez has enlisted the services of Manny Robles to help him prepare for his next fight, planned for August, but no date or venue was announced.