Here's your fight-size boxing update for October 18, 2019:
- A purse bid between Rohan Murdock and Zack Parker for a WBO super middleweight title eliminator that was scheduled for October 17 has been postponed while both sides continue to negotiate a deal.
- FITE TV has acquired the international broadcast rights to tonight's WBC and IBF light heavyweight title unification between Oleksandr Gvozdyk and Artur Beterbiev. The fight can be purchased on pay-per-view through FITE in all countries except the United States and Canada.
- Speaking of Gvozdyk vs. Beterbiev, both men came within the 185-pound limit for the second day weigh-ins for the bout. Gvozdyk weighed in at 184.2 lbs while Beterbiev came in at 183.5 lbs.
- Fresh off his heavyweight debut against Chazz Witherspoon, Oleksandr Usyk will be in Saudi Arabia for the Andy Ruiz Jr. vs. Anthony Joshua rematch. Usyk is the mandatory challenger to the WBO heavyweight title that will be one of several titles on the line at Ruiz vs. Joshua 2.
- Undefeated cruiserweight prospect Viddal Riley has signed a promotional deal with Mayweather Promotions.
- According to a report from BoxingScene.com, two fights are being planned for the Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz 2 PPV card: Brandon Figueroa vs. Julio Ceja for the interim WBA super bantamweight title and Luis Nery vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez.
- From The Web