Your fight-size boxing update:
- The WBC has started to upload tutorial videos on different aspects of boxing on their YouTube channel. The videos are in Spanish, but you can watch one of the uploaded tutorials at the top of the page.
- Manny Pacquiao's home in Los Angeles has been burglarized on January 19 while he was in Las Vegas defending his WBA "Regular" welterweight title against Adrien Broner. According to Sean Gibbons, "(The burglars) basically went in and ransacked the senator's bedroom. It seems like they found nothing and then they bailed."
- WBO President Francisco Valcarcel went to Twitter to say that former middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders could potentially be current champion Demetrius Andrade's next opponent. Andrade and Saunders were originally supposed to fight for the belt this past October but the fight was canceled after Saunders was denied a license to box due to a failed drug test weeks earlier. Andrade defended his title on January with a victory over Artur Akavov.
Very good performance by Andrade ,B J Sanders could be next...what a match...— Paco Valcárcel, Esq. (@PacoValcarcel) January 20, 2019
- Former Commonwealth and English welterweight champion John O'Donnell has signed with MTK Global. O'Donnell's next fight has not been announced and has not competed since March 2017 when he defeated Erick Ochieng by split decision to become a two-time English champion.
- Former OPBF junior middleweight champion Yutaka Oishi has opened a new boxing gym in Osaka called the "Oishi Fitness and Boxing Gym."