Your fight-size boxing update:
- The World Boxing Council (WBC) made a post on Twitter claiming that a welterweight title unification between IBF titleholder Errol Spence Jr. and WBC titleholder Shawn Porter has been "announced" despite no actual announcement from PBC and no details regarding the date and location were revealed. The two sides have been heavily linked to a fight deal for later this year, but as of this writing, no unification was publicly announced.
- Later tonight, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Juan Francisco Estrada will fight for the WBC super flyweight title in the main event of a Matchroom Boxing on DAZN card at The Forum in California. Below are the ring officials for the 115-pound world title fight.
- Judge: Eduard Collantes
- Referees: Alejandro Rochin, Craig Metcalfe, Gerald Ritter
- After visa issues temporarily got Richard Lartey out of a Queensberry Promotions fight against Daniel Dubois on April 27, Lartey is back in. The aforementioned issues have been resolved and the main event continues as originally planned and will be streamed on ESPN+ in the United States.
- Mexican amateur standout Fernando Molina has signed a promotional deal with Richard Schaefer's Ringstar Sports. Molina is planning to turn professional as a lightweight and further information about Molina's debut will be announced soon.
- Below is the press conference for the World Boxing Super Series card taking place on April 27 in Louisiana. The two tournament bouts are Regis Prograis vs. Kiryl Relikh in the 140-pound semifinals and Nonito Donaire vs. Stephon Young in a bantamweight semifinal matchup.