Your fight-size boxing update:
"The WBC has been in communication with both sides and continues the process with regards to the Wilder vs Fury rematch. There will be no further comments until the WBC receives official communication from both sides by Tuesday February 26th."
- Below are the official weights for several fights on tonight's Matchroom Boxing USA card from Tijuana, Mexico. The main event is Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto. Weights, measured in pounds, are shown in parenthesis:
- Brandon Rios (151.8) vs. Humberto Soto (146.4)
- Hector Tanajara Jr. (134) vs. Ivan Delgado (134.8): Vacant WBC USNBC lightweight title bout
- Alexis Espino (167.5) vs. Victor Manuel Abrigo (167.5)
- Diego Pacheco (161) vs. Alberto Aguilar (156)
- Jose Quirino (120) vs. Joel Cordoba (117.6)
- Shakhram Giyasov (149.5) vs. Edgar Puerta (149.5)
- Sulem Urbina (113.4) vs. Judith Rodriguez (112.2)
- Another title has been added for the women's middleweight title unification bout between Claressa Shields and Christina Hammer as Ring Magazine has created its own middleweight belt, to be handed out to the winner of the fight. The fight will take place on April 13 for the undisputed WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF and Ring Magazine 160-pound title.
- Unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua recently attended a New York Rangers hockey game at Madison Square Garden. His appearance can be seen in the tweet below. Joshua will defend his WBA, WBO and IBF titles against Jarrell Miller on June 1 at Madison Square Garden.
- There has been no update regarding negotiations for the upcoming WBO super flyweight title bout between Donnie Nietes and Aston Palicte in several weeks. WBO President Francisco Valcarcel wrote on Twitter that he will likely order a purse bid scheduled for February 28 at 9 a.m. ET at the WBO headquarters in Puerto Rico.