Your fight-size boxing update:
- There will actually be two titles at stake when Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter fight in the main event of the September 8 Barclays Center boxing card on Showtime: the first is the vacant WBC welterweight title, but now the WBC has added a “Trainer’s Belt” for the winning fighter’s trainer.
- HBO’s third “Superfly” show will also feature a free, live stream of the full undercard thanks to promoter Tom Loeffler’s 360 Promotions. The undercard fights will be streamed at 360 Promotion’s website starting at 7 p.m. ET.
- In an interview with Boxing Scene, former IBF super middleweight champion James DeGale said he is going back on his pick and now predicts George Groves to walk away as the WBA, WBC Diamond, Ring Magazine and World Boxing Super Series super middleweight champion when he faces Callum Smith in the WBSS finals in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on September 28.
- Undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk has received his IBF title after winning it in the World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight finals against Murat Gassiev.
- Former WBC light flyweight champion Pedro Guevara returned to action over the weekend with a 10th round stoppage win over Roberto Sanchez at the Palenque de la Expo in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico to win the vacant WBC FECARBOX super flyweight title. This was Guevara’s second straight win since losing his world title to Ken Shiro in 2017.