Your fight-size boxing update:
- Roberto Duran Jr., son of former world champion Roberto Duran, will fight his second pro boxing fight on June 22 in Florida. Duran Jr., a 29-year-old welterweight who won his debut fight back in March, will fight on a card that will be televised on Univision.
- Undefeated light heavyweight prospect Joshua Buatsi will fight on September 22 on a Matchroom Boxing USA card that is expected to be announced soon. Buatsi turned pro in 2017 and sports a 6-0 record with 4 KO.
- According to multiple reports, action movie star Bruce Willis will play Cus D'Amato, Mike Tyson's trainer on an upcoming biopic titled "Cornerman," which will be focused on D'Amato's relationship with Tyson throughout their legendary run together.
- Welterweight Deniz Ilbay will face off against Dennis Krieger on June 2 in Hannover with the vacant GBU title on the line. This fight goes will be on the undercard of the Artur Mann vs. Micki Nielsen fight for the WBO international cruiserweight title.
- A report on Boxing Scene stated the World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight final bout between Oleksandr Usyk and Murat Gassiev for the unified WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF and The Ring titles will have a venue decided soon. The venue is expected to be decided by May 20 with Russia making a strong case to host the fight. Usyk is currently recovering from an elbow injury which postponed the finals that was originally supposed to take place in Saudi Arabia.