Former UFC Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor and friends are in for some potential future legal battles after attacking a bus full of UFC fighters last week, allegedly trying to get at UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
“I feel that when you have reached such high status, you have to carry yourself in a classy way,” he said during a Showtime boxing broadcast this past Saturday. “Outside the ring, you have to carry yourself as a gentleman.”
The bus attack by McGregor and associates lead to three bouts getting pulled from the UFC 223 and a police report being filed by UFC fighter Michael Chiesa.
Mayweather has also been talking about jumping into MMA, but says that both Showtime and CBS have to be involved if a fight does come to fruition.
“Al Haymon says no,” Mayweather. “I spoke with Showtime, (and) I spoke with CBS. If I do come back, Showtime and CBS has to be involved.”
Since Mayweather and McGregor boxed each other last August, it could make sense for the Irishman to be the retired boxers opponent in a potential MMA debut.
- From The Web