Here's your fight-size boxing update for January 14, 2020:
- The IBF has ordered a fight between Sergey Lipinets and Kudratillo Abdukakhorov for the interim IBF welterweight title as current champion Errol Spence Jr. is still recovering from an automobile accident from last year. Negotiations should be concluded by February 9.
- The January 11 Top Rank on ESPN card, headlined by Jesse Hart vs. Joe Smith Jr., averaged 388,000 viewers, 163,000 in the 18-49 demographic and drew a 0.25 household rating.
- The main event of the January 10 Showtime Boxing card, Claressa Shields vs. Ivana Habazin, averaged 255,000 viewers and a 0.06 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
- Gervonta Davis recently appeared on "Inside PBC Boxing" to discuss his most recent win against Yuriorkis Gamboa and what's next in store for the WBA "Super" lightweight titleholder.
- Speaking of Gamboa, he recently revealed the specifics of his Achilles injury.
My injury sustained in the 2d round...complete tear (grade 3) verified as per MRI and board certified Dr. I went 12 with Davis and did my best under the circumstances. Like I said, lets dance again when Im at -- @SHOsports @b_sutterer @premierboxing @WBABoxing @MayweatherPromo pic.twitter.com/GF22dYk4GF— Yuriorkis Gamboa (@gamboa) January 13, 2020
- Austin Dulay will face Diego Magdaleno in the opening bout of the PBC on FOX card from Nashville, Tennessee on February 15. That card will be headlined by Caleb Plant vs. Vincent Feigenbutz for the IBF super middleweight title with Bryant Perrella vs. Abel Ramos as co-feature.