With Manny Pacquiao out of the running for Jeff Horn's opponent come November, one name Horn would be okay with fighting is former world champion Jessie Vargas.
Horn spoke to Reuters about Pacquiao's withdrawal from the planned November 12 fight, saying he was frustrated with Pacquiao taking so long to pull out of the fight, but understood that is the way the business of boxing is conducted sometimes.
"I'm frustrated. I'm kind of annoyed that it's taken this long to make a decision but, look, that's boxing, I'm figuring out that now. That's what happens at the top of the game, guys mess around with you a lot," Horn said.
As for who could be Horn's opponent, the Australian said he would be in favor of fighting Vargas, whom Pacquiao beat last November to win the WBO welterweight title.
"Yeah, [Jessie] Vargas is a fight that we'd definitely take. He's a tough competitor and he's been world champion, he's held my belt just before Pacquiao, so he'd definitely be a tough fight and worthy opponent," Horn explained.
Vargas has not fought since losing his title to Pacquiao, but had been planning a return to the ring before the end of the year. Horn won the WBO title back in July when he beat Pacquiao in a controversial decision victory. That fight was Pacquiao's first title defense.