Jon Jones Has Apologized To Fighters For UFC 232 Moving, Plans To Appease Angry Fans

UFC 232 was recently involved in a location switch as the event was transported from Las Vegas, Nevada to Inglewood, California after the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) found an abnormality in Jon Jones drug test.

The majority, if not all, of the fighters competing at UFC 232 are in Inglewood now and Jones has apologized to a lot of those who were affected by the move.

“I feel good. I really can’t afford to feel any other way,” Jones told MMA Junkie. “I feel bad for the fans. I went around today apologizing to every UFC fighter that was on the card that I’ve seen in person. So far, they’ve all said that they’ve forgiven me, and I think I need to prioritize my emotions and save all the emotions for after the fight.”

Fighters weren’t the only people affected by the location change, as the plethora of fans who planned on attending the event in Las Vegas were outraged as well.

Jones also plans to make peace with the outraged fight fans, but no plan has been announced at this time.

“After the fight, I definitely plan on doing what I can do to give back to fans who really lost out,” says Jones.

UFC 232 takes place on Saturday, December 29 from The Forum in Inglewood, California with Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson headlining. Fightful is providing live coverage of the event, with a post-show podcast to follow.

From The Web