It's been 15 months since we last saw Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in the ring, but the former middleweight world champion is aiming to fight later this year.

Chavez Jr. was on ESPN Deportes and talked about his career and what the next step is for him. Chavez Jr., who has fought from junior welterweight all the way to light heavyweight, said he plans to fight on August 11, hopefully at 168-169 pounds. As far as an opponent is concerned, Chavez Jr. has a couple of names in mind.

"We are training and working to reappear on August 11. I had a sprain in my right foot, but I have begun to train well. I can't mention an opponent, there's talks of [fighting] Sergio Mora, Vanes Martirosyan. I want to come back to 168-169 pounds. It's not a title fight next and I do have a year of inactivity. I want to have this fight and have another fight in order to get a big fight afterwards," Chavez Jr. said.

The last time Chavez Jr. was in the ring was a pay-per-view bout against Canelo Alvarez in May 2017. Chavez Jr. was dominated by Alvarez, eventually losing the fight by unanimous decision as the fight served as the announcement of Alvarez's megafight against Gennady Golovkin.

The 32-year-old Chavez Jr. previously held the WBC middleweight title from 2011 to 2012, but since losing the title to Sergio Martinez, Chavez Jr. has ballooned in weight. In his next few fights, Chavez fought at the 168 and 175-pound divisions and missed weight in one of his fights. Since losing to Martinez, Chavez Jr. has a 4-2 record in fights.

From The Web