IBO Cruiserweight champion Marco Huck's next fight is announced after his previous fight against Ovill McKenzie was canceled.
Huck will face off against Dmytro Kucher on November 19 in Germany, and the fight will be for Huck's cruiserweight title. In a news conference announcing the fight, Huck said that the German crowd will help him secure a knockout win.
"The last time I fought in Hannover was June 3, 2006, against an opponent [Nuri Seferi] from Switzerland," Huck said. "The crowd cheered me on and I won comfortably. Hence, I was very excited to be fighting here again. I chose an extremely difficult opponent in Kucher. I am convinced that a knockout is guaranteed. We have two strong punchers facing each other. We will just start hitting one another. As long as I have prepared well, I know I am the better out of the two of us."
The 31-year-old fighter has trying to get back in the ring as soon as possible since he lost his WBO world title last year to Krzysztof Głowacki. He won his return fight against Ola Afolabi in February to win the IBO title and was supposed to face McKenzie on September 24, but McKenzie withdrew from the fight, claiming that he was too ill to compete.
Huck had been one of the top cruiserweights in the past decade, holding a world title in that division since 2009. The fight against Kucher will be broadcasted on regional German television.
- From The Web