Mark Hunt Wonders Why Georges St. Pierre Is Fighting At UFC 217

MMA

Mark Hunt was recently pulled by the UFC from his main event bout against Marcin Tybura at UFC Fight Night Sydney due to health concerns.

The “Super Samoan” is questioning why former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre is competing at UFC 217 after some of the statements he has made in the past.

Tony Ferguson Shares Frustrations With UFC Over Payment Of Hospital Bills

"There's nothing in the results that says I can't fight. The UFC says they're acting for my well-being; why did they put me in the Octagon with all these cheaters, then? Why are they letting Georges St-Pierre fight again when he's talked about seeing aliens? They just let a guy fight with a staph infection last week. If they're worried about our well-being, why did they do all that?,” Hunt told ESPN.

GSP has made comments in the past about seeing aliens, but the Canadian fighter has never spoken about suffering from injuries that have affected his short term memory.

Hunt also claims that the first time he heard about being pulled from UFC Fight Night Sydney was through a journalist and not from the UFC.

"A journalist rings me up and says, 'You're not fighting in Sydney,” Hunt said. “I had to check to see if it was true. I was really upset by that. I've lost a lot of money on this camp, and losing this fight will cost me over $1 million. I had plans for that money. I have taxes to pay. To hear it from a journalist - they could have called me themselves. And the thing is, I didn't know why they pulled me. I still don't. I've passed all the medicals. I'd like to know the reason I've been put on the sideline."

UFC 217 takes place on Saturday, November 4 from Madison Square Garden in New York, New York with Michael Bisping and Georges St. Pierre headlining. Fightful is providing live coverage of the event, with a post-show podcast to follow.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web