Your Boxing Fight-size news update!
- T.J. Doheny defeated Mike Tawatchai via unanimous decision in an IBF junior featherweight world title elimination bout in Bangkok, Thailand. Doheny won 117-111 and 116-112 on two scorecards while one judge had it 115-113 for Tawatchai. With the victory, Doheny earned a mandatory shot at the 122-pound world title held by Ryosuke Iwasa.
- The January 20 Showtime Boxing card at Barclays Center continues to fill the rest of the undercard. According to reports, other bouts on the undercard, which also have not been announced yet, will include a heavyweight fight between Adam Kownacki and Iago Kiladze as well as light heavyweight Marcus Browne in action, most likely against Francy Ntetu.
- Showtime will have a “ShoBox: The New Generation” card on February 2 in Sloan, Iowa, according to ESPN's Dan Rafael. GH3 Promotions will have super middleweight Ronald Ellis against Junior Younan fight in the 10-round main event. Also slated for the broadcast are three scheduled eight-round bouts: junior welterweight Wellington Romero against Samuel Teah, lightweight Thomas Mattice taking on Rolando Chinea and, in the opener, lightweight Devin Haney against Harmonito Dela Torre.
- The WBC ordered Regis Prograis and Viktor Postol to enter negotiations to decide on a date and venue for an interim WBC junior welterweight title bout. If they do not come to an agreement, the WBC said it will conduct a purse bid on January 12 at its offices in Mexico City with each fighter entitled to 50 percent of the winning bid. The actual WBC world junior welterweight title, formerly held by Terence Crawford is still vacant, but Jose Ramirez and Amir Imam are scheduled to fight for the vacant title on the March 17 ESPN card from Madison Square Garden. The Ramirez-Imam winner will be obligated to face the Prograis-Postol winner for the title.
- The latest PBC Jabs can be seen below.