Your fight-size boxing update:
- Below are the guaranteed purses for the main and co-main event fights of tonight's PBC on Fox card from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles:
WBA "Super" featherweight title:
Leo Santa Cruz: $1 million
Rafael Rivera: $20,000
Omar Figueroa Jr. vs. John Molina Jr.:
Omar Figueroa: $225,000
John Molina Jr.: $200,000
- The unified WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight title bout between Anthony Joshua and Jarrell Miller, set for June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, has broken the record as the highest grossing boxing event at the venue in terms of pre-sale tickets.
- Andrzej Fonfara recently announced his retirement from boxing, but the news forced PBC to make a slight change to its plans regarding the March 9 card from Carson, California. Fonfara was supposed to fight Edwin Rodriguez in the co-main event of the Fox-televised portion of the card, but since that fight is no longer happening, the welterweight bout between Abel Ramos and Francisco Santana has been elevated to the show's co-feature bout. The main event of that card is Shawn Porter vs. Yordenis Ugas for the WBC welterweight title.
- Yesenia Gomez and Erika Hanawa made weight for their WBC Female light flyweight title set to take place later today at the International Oasis Arena in Cancun, Quintana Roo. Yesenia weighed in at 107.5 pounds, while Hanawa weighed in at 107 pounds.
- Sam Bowen will now defend his British super featherweight title against Ryan Wheeler on a boxing card in Leicester on February 23 after Ronnie Clark pulled out of the fight with an injury.