Michel Soro's Promoter Wins Purse Bid For Rematch Against Brian Castano

The purse bid winner for the WBA "Regular" junior middleweight title bout between Brian Castano and MIchel Soro.

Univent, Soro's promoter, won a purse bid for the title fight with a winning bid of $810,000 and with Castano getting the bulk of it as the titleholder. Castano is currently owed 75 percent of the winning bid, meaning he will get $607,500 while Soro will get the remaining 25 percent, which equates to $202,500.

Julianna Peña-Amanda Nunes Rematch Set For UFC 277 In July

No date or venue has been officially announced for the title fight, but Univent is aiming for the fight to take place in Marseille, France on July 20. The first fight between the two boxers, which took place in 2017, also was in France, but it was contested in Evian with Castano winning the bout by split decision.

Since defeating Soro in 2017, Castano's next fight also took place in France against Cedric Vitu in March 2018 by 10th round stoppage. Afterwards, Castano would travel to Brooklyn, New York this past March when he fought Erislandy Lara to a split draw in the main event of a Showtime-teleivsed card from the Barclays Center.

Soro has previously challenged for the WBO junior middleweight title back in 2012. After losing the fight against Castano in 2017, Soro would go on to win his next three fights, two of which were won in three rounds or less. Soro is currently listed as the WBA Gold titleholder.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web