Report: Errol Spence Jr. vs. Shawn Porter In The Works For September

A couple of weeks after headlining his first pay-per-view event in the United States, Errol Spence Jr. could be on his way to headlining his second this fall.

According to Mike Coppinger, Spence, the IBF welterweight champion, is "on a collision course" to face off against WBC champion Shawn Porter in a pay-per-view event tentatively being planned for September.

Matt Brown Out, Bryan Barberena To Now Face Darian Weeks At UFC Vegas 44

Spence is coming off a 12-round shutout victory over Mikey Garcia on March 16 in Arlington, Texas. That fight headlined a pay-per-view produced by Fox and it was previously reported that the fight sold close to 400,000 units.

A week prior to Spence's win over Garcia, Porter retained his title with a split decision victory over Yordenis Ugas on a Fox-televised card from Carson, California. Prior to that fight, Porter spoke to Fightful and said one of his plans was to get a pay-per-view main event fight against the likes of Spence, Keith Thurman and Manny Pacquiao, all welterweight titlists. The full interview Porter conducted with Fightful can be seen in the video below.

The two fighters had been hinting at a potential unification fight shortly after Spence defeated Garcia. Although Spence and Pacquiao shared a moment in the ring with one another, Spence also had a verbal face-off against Porter on the FS1-televised post-show. Spence told Porter that he would fight him next if Spence doesn't fight Pacquiao.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web