Less than a week after his brother threw down with Conor McGregor at UFC 202, Nick Diaz had a fight ahead of him.
TMZ Sports is reporting that the former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion was attacked by four men outside of a nightclub early on Wednesday. According to the reports, Diaz was at the Hyde in the Bellagio Casino, and went to the restroom, where he bumped into another man. Diaz claims he apologized to no avail and was attacked by the man and three friends.
"I didn't start it. People like to hate," Diaz said to TMZ.
A rep for the club confirmed that Nick Diaz wasn't the instigator, and that the assailants were trying to attack Diaz, as well as club and casino employees with chairs. It was also said that it's not believed the attackers knew who Diaz was. The club also said that Diaz is a respected customer and never causes any issues.
Diaz refused to press charges for the incident, which took place outside of the nightclub. According to Diaz, it was because "they got the worst of it." Diaz did get a cut on his head that could require stitches, but he claims that it won't cause any issues if he decides to return to fighting.
Diaz was banned from last week's UFC 202 fight week events after members of his brother and Conor McGregor's fight camps engaged in a bottle-tossing war. Diaz was also unable to corner Nate because he'd yet to pay the remianing $75,000 of the $100,000 fine he owes the Nevada Athletic Commission in relation to his 2015 suspension for testing positive for marijuana.