UFC 214 took place on Saturday night from the T-Mobile Arena in Anaheim. The main event featured Jon Jones beating Daniel Cormier by third-round TKO to reclaim the UFC light heavyweight championship.
In the co-main event, Tyron Woodley defeated Demian Maia by unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46) to successfully defend the welterweight belt for the third time. Then, Cris Cyborg stopped Tonya Evinger by third-round TKO to capture the vacant UFC women's featherweight title.
After the event had concluded, Jones, Woodley, Maia, Cyborg, Evinger, Robbie Lawler and UFC president Dana White spoke to the media.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Evinger: I fought like a p---y. No excuses.
- Evinger said her next fight will be at 135 pounds.
- Cyborg: I think tonight I made the UFC happy to work with me.
- Cyborg said she’s willing to fly to Australia to fight Megan Anderson.
- Maia said he wasn't retiring.
- Maia said if he had more time to train he would've came to USA to do training.
- Woodley: Fans want to see blood and back-and-forth exchanges. I felt like I stuck to the gameplan. I still have the belt around my waist.
- Tyron Woodley on Georges St-Pierre: "He doesn't want to fight me because I'm a better version of him.
- Woodley: I fought four world title fights against the No. 1 contenders. Has (middleweight champion) Michael Bisping ever fought a No. 1 contender?
- Woodley on GSP: If he doesn't fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all times.
- Woodley on the report of GSP vs Bisping: I have no reaction to that.
- White: Tonight, in my opinion, Jon Jones looked like he hadn't taken any time off and hadn't missed a beat. He was incredible.
- White: The reality of Jones-Lesnar happening soon is not a reality. Still has six months of USADA suspension.
- White: GSP is fighting Michael Bisping. Because I know Bisping will fight. I’m gonna give it to him.
- White: Tonight is trending over a million buys. It was one of the best cards we’ve ever done.
- White: Cormier didn't know he got knocked out and said it was stopped prematurely. When he saw the replay, then he knew he got KO'ed.
- White: Seems like Holly Holm is interested in fighting Cyborg.
- White: Whoever wins between GSP and Bisping, Whittaker will fight the winner.
- Jones: I’ve always felt that way about DC. I’ve always felt like he’s a pretty classy guy. Model champion. A guy to be respected.
- Jones: The thing with Lesnar got serious really quick.
- Jones: My team said you could beat Brock. You’ll have to dig deep, but you can do this.
- Jones: Conor McGregor has been a tremendous inspiration to me. He’s shown me these huge paydays are possible.
- Jones: I think Brock has a limited game. I think it’s a winnable fight.
- From The Web