Andrew and Jason Moloney pick up big TKO wins on ESPN+ to close out 2019.
On a special early morning broadcast of Top Rank on ESPN+, Andrew recovered from getting staggered in the fifth round to eventually score a stoppage win over Elton Dharry to capture the interim WBA super flyweight title. Andrew seriously hurt Dharry's right eye, which swelled up throughout the fight and the bout was stopped right as the ninth round began.
With the win, Andrew will look to eventually secure a fight against WBA champion Kal Yafai, something he had been wanting to do for more than a year. Andrew is the mandatory challenger to Yafai's title after winning a title eliminator back in March.
As for Jason, he scored a second-round win over Dixon Flores to retain the WBA Oceania bantamweight title. This was Jason's third fight in the past eight months, winning all of them inside the distance. Jason previously challenged for the IBF bantamweight world title back in October 2018 in the World Boxing Super Series quarterfinals.
The two brothers signed with Top Rank Boxing months ago to further advance their careers and secure potential world title fights for 2020.
Here are the full results for the November 15 Top Rank on ESPN+ card from the Margaret Court Arena in Melbourne, Australia:
- Andrew Moloney defeated Elton Dharry by TKO, round 9, 0:01 to win the interim WBA super flyweight title
- Jason Moloney defeated Dixon Flores by TKO, round 2, 1:26 to retain the WBA Oceania bantamweight title
- Tej Pratap Singh and Mitchell Whiteclaw fought to a split draw (58-56, 55-59, 57-57)
- Paul Gallen and Barry Hall fought to a majority draw (57-57, 57-57, 58-56)
- Jesse White defeated Paul Gould by unanimous decision (60-54, 60-54, 60-54)