Lou DiBella's most recent Broadway Boxing card featured a number of title contenders, former champions and a rising junior welterweight prospect extending his win streak in the main event.
The May 17 card from Connecticut saw Mykquan Williams win a 10-round decision against Rickey Edwards by a wide margin to become the new WBC USNBC 140-pound champion. The win puts Williams in a position to potentially be included into the WBC rankings in the coming months and his win streak is now extended to 15 fights.
The card also saw a number of noteworthy European fighters on the comeback trail after recent defeats. Toka Kahn Clary, fighting for the first time since losing an IBF featherweight title eliminator against Kid Galahad last year, scored a knockout win over Carlos Manuel Reyes. Also on the card is former cruiserweight champion Marco Huck fighting for the second time since losing a title fight against Oleksandr Usyk. Huck's fight against Nick Guivas ended in the first minute after Huck hit Guivas on the break, causing the bout to end in a no contest.
Below are quick results for the May 17 Broadway Boxing on UFC Fight Pass card from the Foxwoods Resort in Mashantucket, Connecticut:
- Mykquan Williams defeated Rickey Edwards by unanimous decision (96-94, 97-93, 100-90) to win the WBC USNBC Junior Welterweight Title
- Elijah Pierce defeated Irvin Gonzalez by TKO, round 3, 2:12
- George Arias defeated Keith Barr by unanimous decision 78-73, 78-73, 77-74
- Toka Kahn Clary defeated Carlos Manuel Reyes by KO, round 5, 0:39
- Marco Huck and Nick Guivas fight to a no contest 57 seconds into the first round after Huck hit Guivas on the break.
- Adrian Sosa defeated Benjamin Borteye by KO, round 1, 1:39
- Jacob Marrero defeated Hugo Aguilar by unanimous decision (40-35, 40-35, 40-35)