ESPN5 returned with a boxing card featuring a number of notable Filipino boxers.
Carl Jammes Martin continued his climb up the bantamweight rankings with a first-round stoppage victory over Yutthichai Wannawong. Martin improved his pro record to 13-0 and could potentially rise even higher in the bantamweight rankings as he entered the fight No. 11 by the WBA at 118 pounds.
Also on the card, Jayson Mama also improved his record to 13-0 with a dominant win over former world champion Ekkawit Songnui. The fight was halted less than 30 seconds into the third round after Songnui was deemed unfit to continue after being injured from a punch. On the undercard, Randy Petalcorin was victorious in his first fight since unsuccessfully challenging for the IBF light flyweight title. Petalcorin defeated Worawatchai Boonjan by third-round TKO.
Below are the full results from the June 9 ESPN5 boxing card from the Tv5 Studio in Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines:
- Carl Jammes Martin defeated Yutthichai Wannawong by TKO, round 1, 2:51
- Jayson Mama defeated Ekkawit Songnui by TKO, round 3, 0:26
- Dave Apolinario defeated Adrian Lerasan by unanimous decision (99-91, 99-91, 98-92)
- Rolando Servania defeated Pablito Canada by unanimous decision (78-74, 80-72, 78-74)
- Kristian Hernandez defeated Jerwin Mejes by TKO, round 1, 1:10
- Randy Petalcorin defeated Worawatchai Boonjan by TKO, round 3, 1:28
- Robin Dingcong defeated Ernel Fontanilla by split decision (58-56, 56-58, 58-56)
- Mark Henry Escriber defeated Lory Abelada by KO, round 1, 1:28
The full card can be seen in the video at the top of the page.