Vergil Ortiz Jr. solidified his standing as one of boxing's best prospects with a win on DAZN.
Fighting in the main event of a Golden Boy Promotions on DAZN card for the first time in his career, Ortiz defeated former world title challenger Antonio Orozco. Ortiz stopped Orozco late in the sixth round to become the new WBA Gold welterweight champion, potentially putting him in a spot to eventually challenge for a 147-pound world title.
Also on the card is the trilogy bout between Joshua Franco and Oscar Negrete and just like their first two encounters, there was no definitive winner in the eyes of the boxing community. Both men fought to a draw, just like in their first fight last year, but Franco would keep his two regional bantamweight titles, which he won when he narrowly beat Negrete on the scorecards in the rematch last year.
Below are the full results for the August 10 Golden Boy Promotions on DAZN card from Grand Prairie, Texas:
- Vergil Ortiz Jr. defeated Antonio Orozco TKO, round 6, 2:16 to win the WBA Gold welterweight title
- Joshua Franco and Oscar Negrete fight to a split draw (96-94 Franco, 96-94 Negrete, 95-95). Franco retains the NABF and WBA International bantamweight titles
- Hector Tanajara Jr. defeated Ezequiel Aviles (16-4-3, 6 KOs) by unanimous decision (100-90, 100-90, 100-90) to retain the USNBC lightweight title
- Marcelino Lopez defeated Daniel Echeverria by KO, round 5, 2:59
- Travell Mazion defeated Jeremy Ramos by unanimous decision (80-71, 78-73, 78-73)
- Alex Rincon defeated Joel Guevara by KO, round 2, 0:58