Elwin Soto's first world title defense was a success, but it didn't come easy.
In the main event of Golden Boy Promotions' first Thursday Night Fights card to be streamed on DAZN, Soto scored a narrow unanimous decision victory over Edward Heno to retain his WBO light flyweight title. The fight was an exciting, back-and-forth bout that saw both men get hurt and staggered, but only Heno suffered a knockdown in round three.
The card also featured Angel Acosta, the man Soto beat to win the WBO title, moving up in weight to start a campaign towards a flyweight world title opportunity. Acosta defeated Raymond Tabugon to win his first bout since March 30 when he knocked out Ganigan Lopez.
Below are full results of the October 24 Golden Boy Promotions Thursday Night Fights on DAZN (10/24) from the Fantasy Springs Casino in Indio, California:
- Elwin Soto defeated Edward Heno by unanimous decision (114-113, 115-112, 115-112) to retain the WBO light flyweight title
- Nicholas Sullivan defeated Gilberto Aguilar by KO, round 1, 1:50
- Angel Acosta defeated Raymond Tabugon by KO, round 5, 1:02 to win the WO International flyweight title
- Jonathan Navarro defeated Lebin Morales by KO, round 2, 1:49
- Raul Curiel defeated Jeremy Ramos by KO, round 7, 1:15
- Aaron McKenna defeated Sergio Lucio Gonzalez by unanimous decision (60-54, 60-54, 60-54)
You can find results from boxing events around the world on Fightful's Results section.