Matchroom Boxing's latest trip to Italy saw not one, not two, but three new champions be crowned.
In what is considered a bit of a minor upset, Tommy McCarthy handed Fabio Turchi his first pro defeat with a narrow decision win in the main event and capture the WBC International cruiserweight title. After loosing to Richard Riakporhe back in March, McCarthy is now back on his journey towards a world title shot, having won his last three fights in a five-month span.
Also on the card were Matteo Signani and Fracesco Grandelli picking up split decision wins to win the EBU European middleweight and WBC International Silver featherweight titles, respectively.
Below are the full results and highlights of the October 11 Matchroom Boxing Italy on DAZN card from the PalaTrento in Trento, Italy:
- Tommy McCarthy defeated Fabio Turchi by split decision (116-112, 112-116, 115-113) to win the WBC International cruiserweight title
- Matteo Signani defeated Gevorg Khatchikian by split decision (115-113, 114-115, 116-112) to win the EBU European middleweight title
- Francesco Grandelli defeated Reece Bellotti by split decision (96-94, 95-96, 96-95) to win the WBC International Silver featherweight title
- Samuel Gonzalez defeated Jayro Duran by majority decision (57-57, 58-56, 58-56)
- Dalton Smith defeated Marko Radenovic by points
- Valentino Manfredonia defeated Milos Jankovic by unanimous decision (60-54, 60-54, 59-55)
- Mirko Natalizi defeated Alexander Benidze by TKO, round 6, 2:52
For results of boxing shows from around the world, check out Fightful's results section.