Daniele Scardina's run through the super middleweight rankings continued with another dominant win on DAZN Italy.
Scardina's latest win, a 10-round decision against former European title challenger Alessandro Gotti to retain the IBF International title, was featured on a recent Matchroom Boxing Italy card that was shown on DAZN.
But the card also featured a couple of familiar faces to the European boxing scene. Francesco Patera was able to stop Paul Hyland Jr. halfway through their fight to successfully retain his European lightweight belt for the second time since winning it last year. Also on the show was former bantamweight secondary titleholder Jamie McDonnell, who was victorious in his first fight since losing to Naoya Inoue in the first round all the way back in May 2018.
Below are the full results of the June 28 Matchroom Boxing Italy on DAZN card from the Allianz Cloud in Milan, Italy:
- Francesco Patera defeated Paul Hyland Jr. by TKO, round 6 to retain the EBU European lightweight title
- Daniele Scardina defeated Alessandro Goddi by unanimous decision (98-92, 96-94, 96-94) to retain the IBF International super middleweight title
- Dario Morello defeated Ahmed El Hamwi by unanimous decision (100-90, 100-90, 99-91)
- Maxim Prodan defeated Nika Nakashidze by points
- Jamie McDonnell defeated Cristian Narvaez by points
- Riccardo Merafina defeated Altin Dedej by TKO, round 1
- Luca Capuano defeated Filippo Gallerini by points
- Nicholas Esposito defeated Jonny Joel Zeze Sigheh by points
- Ivan Zucco defeated Borislav Zankov by TKO, round 3