After a big event in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan last weekend, MTK Global returned to the UK for an ESPN+ show loaded with notable names in action.
In the main event at the Olympia in Liverpool, Jazza Dickens gets a unanimous decision win over Nathaniel May to become the new IBF European featherweight champion. Thanks to two knockdowns scored in the fourth and fifth rounds, Dickens was able to extend his win streak to five fights since consecutive losses suffered to then-world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux and Thomas Patrick Ward years ago.
Also on the card were the returns of former world champion Terry Flanagan and former title challenger Martin Murray. Both men, competing for the first time in 2019, got wins in their respective fights. Flanagan scored a knockout victory over Jonas Segu less than 30 seconds into the fifth round while Murray cruised to a lopsided 10-round points win over Rui Manuel Pavanito.
Below are the full results of the July 12 MTK Global on ESPN+ card from the Olympia in Liverpool, England:
- Jazza Dickens defeated Nathaniel May by unanimous decision (96-92, 97-92, 97-91) to win the IBF European Featherweight Title
- Martin Murray defeated Rui Manuel Pavanito by points (99-92)
- Terry Flanagan defeated Jonas Segu by KO, round 5, 0:25
- Sam Maxwell defeated Oscar Amador by KO, round 2, 1:23
- Gerard Carroll defeated Jordan Ellison by points (58-56)
- Natasha Jonas defeated Bec Connolly by TKO, round 4, 1:07
- Craig Glover defeated Jiri Svacina by points (60-54)
- John Quigley defeated Alexander Zeledon by points (60-54)