Murphys Boxing's first event on UFC Fight Pass saw undefeated prospect Abraham Nova move one step closer to becoming a world title contender.
Nova won his main event fight against Mario Ezequiel Sayal, stopping him late in the second round to keep his record a perfect one. Nova, the current NABA super featherweight champion, is already ranked in the top 10 by the WBA and could potentially move up higher in the rankings with the win. Also on the card were prospects Carlos Gongora and William Foster III picking up dominant victories in separate fights.
The card was the first of a multi-year broadcast deal between Murphys Boxing and UFC Fight Pass that will have more boxing events on the streaming service in addition to the broadcast deal the platform already has with Roy Jones Jr. Boxing Promotions.
Below are quick results for the May 10 Murphys Boxing card on UFC Fight Pass taking place from the MGM Springfield in Massachusetts:
- Abraham Nova defeated Mario Ezequiel Sayal Lozano by TKO, round 2, 2:26
- Carlos Gongora defeated Damian Ezequiel Bonelli by unanimous decision (98-92, 98-92, 99-91)
- William Foster III defeated Ramon Elizer Esperanza by TKO, round 4, 2:39
- Ray Jay Bermudez defeated Patrick Leal by TKO, round 1, 1:35
- Luis Arcon defeated Jose Aubel by TKO, round 6, 2:36
- Anthony Velazquez defeated Bruno Dias by TKO, round 1, 1:32
- James Perella defeated Paul DeSouza by TKO, round 2, 0:16
- Derrick Whitley Jr. defeated Bryan Goldsby by unanimous decision (40-36, 40-36, 39-37)