Ivan Redkach scored arguably the biggest win of his career by defeating former world champion Devon Alexander.
In the main event of a PBC on FS1 card from California, Redkach stopped Alexander in the sixth round after dropping him multiple times. Redkach knocked Alexander down three times in the final round which prompted the referee to end the fight.
Redkach has faced a number of former and current world champions throughout his career from Tevin Farmer to Argenis Mendez and Dejan Zlaticanin, but failed to pick up victories against any of those fighters. Now Redkach is on a three-fight win streak, the longest of his career since winning his first 18 pro bouts (with one no contest).
The loss continues Alexander's struggles in the ring as he is now winless in his last three fights. Ever since he lost the IBF welterweight title to Shawn Porter in 2014, Alexander has won just two of his last seven fights with his last victory taking place in 2017.
Below are the results for the PBC on FS1 main card from the Soboba Casino in San Jalisco, California:
- Ivan Redkach defeated Devon Alexander by KO, round 6, 1:10
- Willie Monroe Jr. defeated Hugo Centeno Jr. by unanimous decision (98-92, 97-93, 96-94)
- Rodney Hernandez defeated Onoriode Ehwarieme by TKO, round 1, 2:59
- Jose Balderas defeated Julio Garcia by KO, round 4, 2:18 (Swing bout)
Below are the results for the prelim card, which was televised on FS2:
- Marlon Tapales defeated Roberto Castaneda by KO, round 3, 1:37
- Jhack Tepora defeated Jose Luis Gallegos by unanimous decision (99-91, 99-91, 99-91)