Alfredo Angulo brought the fight to Peter Quillin and scored a big win over the former world champion on FS1.
In the main event of a PBC on FS1 card from California, Angulo beat Quillin by split decision in what was a competitive bout throughout 10 rounds. Angulo has now won two straight fights, picking up his fourth victory since the summer of 2015. The loss puts a stop to Quillin's dreams of challenging for a super middleweight title after winning his two fights at 168 pounds before having a fight against Caleb Truax end in a no contest earlier this year.
Also on the card was rising prospect Chris Colbert scoring a potential knockout of the year candidate with a massive right hand to Miguel Beltran Jr. with just seconds remaining in the first round. On the FS1 main card, Thomas Dulorme picked up his first win since January 2017 with a decisive and impressive performance against Terrel Williams.
Below are full results and highlights of the September 21, 2019 PBC on FS1 card from the Rabobank Theater in Bakersfield, California:
- Alfredo Angulo defeated Peter Quillin by split decision (96-94, 94-96, 97-93)
- Chris Colbert defeated Miguel Beltran Jr. by KO, round 1, 2:57
- Thomas Dulorme defeated Terrel Williams by unanimous decision (98-91, 98-91, 96-93)
- Jesus Alejandro Ramos defeated Rickey Edwards by KO, round 3, 2:40
- Michel Rivera defeated Jose Luis Gallegos by RTD, round 5, 3:00
- Jonathan Esquivel defeated Justin Steave by KO, round 2, 1:21
- Viktor Slavinskyi defeated Jesus Aguinaga by KO, round 3, 2:02
- Gary Antuanne Russell defeated Luis Ronaldo Castillo by KO, round 1, 0:32
- Aaron Morales defeated Sergio Quiroz by RTD, round 7, 3:00
- Petr Khamukov defeated Randy Fuentes by KO, round 4, 2:21
- Francisco Ochoa defeated Clay Burns by unanimous decision
- Jose Balderas defeated Josue Morales by majority decision (58-56, 57-57, 58-56)
- Daniel Guzman and Roberto Pucheta fight to a split draw (38-38, 38-38, 38-38)
- Robert Rodriguez defeated Hugo Rodriguez by KO, round 3, 2:34
Third times the charm for Esquivel!— FOX Sports: PBC (@PBConFOX) September 22, 2019
After 3 knockdowns, Jonathan Esquivel gets it done in the 2nd round. pic.twitter.com/Tp8I0sP4c6
Was this Ref stoppage too early?...Jose Luis Gallegos thinks so -- pic.twitter.com/cYXqbNB3qs— FOX Sports: PBC (@PBConFOX) September 22, 2019
WHAT A PUNCH --— FOX Sports: PBC (@PBConFOX) September 22, 2019
Jesus Ramos may have stolen the show early with this MASSIVE KO victory! pic.twitter.com/5TGNxMAfXi
CHRIS. COLBERT. OH MY GOODNESS. -- pic.twitter.com/l4NHq3UlX8— FOX Sports: PBC (@PBConFOX) September 22, 2019
PBC's next fight card will be the September 28 PBC on FOX PPV from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The card will be headlined by the IBF and WBC welterweight title unification between Errol Spence Jr. and Shawn Porter. Fightful will have live coverage of the entire card.