Daniel Dubois continued his journey to capture any and all titles by adding two more to his collection.
The rising heavyweight contender overwhelmed Ebenezer Tetteh, dropping him twice in the first round and eventually stopping him to capture the WBO International and Commonwealth heavyweight titles. The fight headlined a Queensberry Promotions card from London's Royal Albert Hall on September 27 that was streamed on ESPN+ in the United States.
Also on the card is Nicola Adams losing her winning streak with a split draw against Maria Salinas, but retained the WBO Female flyweight title. This was Adams' first title defense since being elevated from interim titleholder to full champion several weeks ago. In the other title bout on the show, Archie Sharp scored a vicious knockout victory over Declan Geraghty in the fourth round to retain the WBO European super featherweight title.
Queensberry Promotions on ESPN+ Results from Royal Albert Hall (9/27):
- Daniel Dubois defeated Ebenezer Tetteh by TKO, round 1, 2:10 to win the WBO International and Commonwealth heavyweight titles
- Nicola Adams and Maria Salinas fight to a split draw (97-93, 95-95, 94-96), Adams retained the WBO Female flyweight title
- Archie Sharp defeated Declan Geraghty by KO, round 4, 2:14 to retain the WBO European super featherweight title
- Willy Hutchinson defeated Borislav Zankov by TKO, round 2
- Denzel Bentley defeated Kelcie Ball by TKO, round 1
- Dennis McCann defeated Georgi Georgiev by TKO, round 2
- Jonathan Palata defeated Chris Healey by points (58-56)
- Sam Noakes defeated Chris Adaway by RTD, round 3
- Eithan James defeated Fonz Alexander by points (40-36)
- Mohammad Bilal Ali defeated Aleksandrs Birkenbergs by TKO, round 3
One ticket for the Hutchinson hype train please ---- pic.twitter.com/kfpPCDuKwN— Boxing on BT Sport -- (@BTSportBoxing) September 28, 2019
The replays of Archie Sharp's brutal KO though -- pic.twitter.com/im8Siy5YkY— Boxing on BT Sport -- (@BTSportBoxing) September 28, 2019
ICYMI— Boxing on BT Sport -- (@BTSportBoxing) September 28, 2019
Daniel Dubois got a first-round knockout to win the Commonwealth title last night...
DDD is a danger to the heavyweight division -- pic.twitter.com/an5ZEzpY2q
Check out Fightful's Boxing Results section for more results from around the world.