Rey Sefo Says WSOF Has Big Plans For 2018

The World Series Of Fighting will be running its first event of 2017 this Saturday Night with the WSOF 35.

While the promotion will be light on events in 2017, WSOF President Rey Sefo says that 2018 will be a big year for the WSOF.

“We’ll have seven or eight shows in 2017, and the reason for that is we’re prepping for 2018,” Sefo said on MMA Junkie Radio. “There’s some news to be announced within the next three or four months. We’ve had some struggles and some issues here and there, but I feel like with some of the partners now, we’re in the best place we can be and have positive energy from them, as well. Moving forward, the sky’s the limit.”

The promotion ran a total of eight shows last year. New York will also be hosting a second straight WSOF event and Sefo believes that there is a lot of momentum to run in New York right now.

“We just feel like we had such a great show in New York, and we wanted to follow that momemtum (with WSOF 35),” he said. “There’s some great things in the works to be announced by June, July at the latest. There are some wonderful things to look forward to. It’s going to be great for the sport, it’s going to be great for the fighters … a lot of very positive things to do with fighters, the networks, executives and whatnot.”

World Series Of Fighting 35 takes place on Saturday, March 18 from the Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, New York with Blagoy Ivanov and Shawn Jordan headlining. Fightful will be providing live coverage of the event.

From The Web